On Thursday, May 26th, the Independence Institute held a panel event at the University Club to discuss the attacks on our citizens’ initiative and referendum rights here in Colorado. There were remarks made by several special guests plus remarks from panelists. Special guests included John Fund of the Wall Street Journal, political strategist Joe Trippi, and founder and president of the Citizens in Charge Foundation Paul Jacob. Panelists were attorney Shayne Madsen, State Senator Kevin Lundberg, Elena Nunez of Common Cause, The Humane Society’s Dane Waters, and Thad Tecza of CU-Boulder. All presentations, including the introduction, panel remarks, and Q & A have been recorded.
For those of you unable to make it, we’ve compiled the presentations by each speaker in individual podcasts. Feel free to download these podcasts and share them with others who might be interested.
- Introductory remarks from Independence Institute President Jon Caldara: AUDIO here.
- John Fund of the Wall Street Journal: AUDIO here.
- Joe Trippi: AUDIO here.
- Paul Jacob: AUDIO here.
- Panel – Shayne Madsen: AUDIO here.
- Panel – Sen. Kevin Lundberg: AUDIO here.
- Panel – Elena Nunez: AUDIO here.
- Panel – Dane Waters: AUDIO here.
- Panel – Thad Tecza: AUDIO here.
- Q & A: AUDIO here.